“The Red Solstice is evocative, deeply engaging action that lives primarily in its diversity of tactics.”
81/100 – http://www.4players.de/4players.php/dispbericht/PC-CDROM/Test/29007/81273/0/The_Red_Solstice.html
“What do you get when you take the likes of Dead Space and Starcraft and throw them in a blender? A bloody cascade that is The Red Solstice.”
85/100 – HookedGamers
“Players looking for a challenge will be right at home, and anyone who wants to experiment with different strategies will find a wealth of variety here. They manage to succeed in delivering an atmospheric tactical strategy game where friends become allies and allies become monster food.”
4.5/5 – Co-Optimus
ABOUT THIS GAME
Spiritual successor of NOTD games!
If you think you have what it takes to survive the onslaught, go forth, Space Marine!
The Red Solstice is a tactical, squad-based survival game set in the distant future on Mars, playable in single-player or with up to 8 players in cooperative online multiplayer.
Roam freely over huge maps, complete randomized objectives and deal with surprise events that keep you on the edge of your seat.
Survive and conquer by any means necessary. Get stronger every time. Level up to unlock new weapons and abilities. Try to survive the storm.
- Take the Lead: Issue commands and set waypoints and objectives for your friends as you outsmart and outgun your way through the derelict domiciles of Tharsis.
- Play Your Way, Together: With support for 8-player co-op, play as one of 8 distinct, customizable classes, each with unique abilities and traits.
- Odd Jobs: Tackle an onslaught of randomly generated events with just one hour to make your mark. From zone defense to supply retrieval, you’re never short of enemies to kill and objectives to complete.
- Earn and Learn: Kill to earn experience points and unlock new abilities and classes. Heal allies, deploy turrets, launch grenades, set traps and much, much more.
- Tactical Single-Player: Play on your own and lead a squad through a satisfying single-player campaign, and lead your squad through a wide variety of levels using The Red Solstice’s Tactical Mode, which lets you issue commands while slowing down the action.
- Game NOT Over, Man: Killing ain’t easy. Drive back untold Martian horrors in multiple modes, maps and difficulties and get stronger every time. Even if you perish.
- OS: Windows 7 or Later
- Processor: Intel Core i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00 Ghz or Better
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 3800 / Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT or Better
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 2 GB available space
- Sound Card: A Fine High Definition Audio Device Never Hurt Anyone
- Additional Notes: OpenGL / OpenAL